Adult Community Learning providing English language and literacy support..
Literacy Support may include:
- functional English language literacy – English language reading, writing, speaking and listening skills – including expression and comprehension, spelling, grammar and punctuation
- numeracy and financial literacy - basic number and money skills - cultural literacy - an understanding of Australian society, its language, history, laws and social customs
- digital literacy - basic computing skills- employment literacy - an understanding of work skills, training options and career pathways.
Our Individual and Small Group Sessions:- are available to any adult (over 17 yrs) who is no longer attending school and who needs literacy, numeracy or basic skills support to better engage with the local community and/or prepare for further study, voluntary work or entry into paid employment
- are open to all first and second-language speakers of English who may experience any degree of difficulty with the written and/or spoken English language- are delivered by friendly volunteer tutors within our safe and welcoming community setting
Creche is available for a gold coin donation.
Time: Tuesdays & Thursdays 9.30am – 11.30am (school terms)
Cost: $5 per session
Would you like to do the following?
- Master the use of your mobile phone or tablet?
- Be safe and avoid being scammed online?
- Do some online shopping and selling?
- Use social media to connect with others or watch some TV online?
If your answer is YES to the above, register for this FREE program.Pre-requisite: basic computing skills needed